You are here: Get Involved > Be a Team Partner > Support an IT Missionary
How to Financially Support an IT Missionary
The process of financially partnering with a Wycliffe missionary is pretty simple. Here is how it works:
- You can send a monetary gift to the missionary's sending Wycliffe Organization (WO) once, on a regular schedule or whenever you wish. You have a number of options to accomplish this:
- mailing a check,
- automatic bank draft (set up by previous arrangement with the WO),
- by credit card via the WO's website if available, or
- by credit card via the individual missionary's personal web site if available
- you may also check with your country's Wycliffe Organization if they process money, to send to another Wycliffe Organization (example: Canadian supporters of an American IT missionary can send money to Wycliffe Canada who transfers it to Wycliffe USA who distributes it to the missionary)
- The WO credits the Wycliffe account of the missionary you are supporting, and then sends a donation receipt back to you by postal mail. In many countries, this receipt authorizes you to claim a tax deduction if you follow the rules about how the funds are to be given. Most WOs mail a response device and return envelope along with the receipt in order to make it easier for you to send another gift.
- At the end of every financial period (usually each month), the appropriate automatic deductions (taxes, retirement savings, insurance, etc.) from the missionary's Wycliffe account are made and the remaining funds are transferred to him or her. That transfer will either be to the missionary's bank or to the Wycliffe-family organization where he or she works. Currency conversions are made as required. The supported missionary then draws money from his or her bank or local organizational office as needed. The missionary also receives a monthly statement from his/her WO with the details of who gave, money received and deductions.
- If you do not know a Wycliffe missionary in need of support click here to find a missionary who trusts God to meet needs through a support team.
© 2006-2013 JAARS IT Engagement, Waxhaw, North Carolina, USA.
All rights reserved unless otherwise noted elsewhere on this page.